Amanda's Famous Beans

Yep I know what your thinking, who can't cook beans right, well they can be a little boring unless you add sauce or gravy, well try these, I have been making them this way for years, well this is just one of the ways I cook them if you have fresh beans great but I just use frozen ones.
What you need:
1 pkt frozen beans ( or however many you need) cook until just tender, drain
cherry tomatoes, halved
Sauce:
 for the sauce sorry I never measure anything I just go by taste but I will have a rough guess at the measurements for you.
In a saucepan lightly fry off about 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic with a little sesame seed oil,add about 1/2 a cup of soy sauce, about 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar, then add a good squirt of lemon juice and lime juice, add about 2 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar, add about a tablespoon of oyster sauce and stirring slowly bring to heat, taste taste taste add a little more sesame oil about 1 teaspoon..mix 1 tablespoon of cornflour into a paste and add to sauce, stir on a med heat until it thickens .
Place cherry tomatoes and beans into a frying pan and lightly fry till heated through slowly adding sauce place into a serving dish, sprinkle with sesame seeds ( I had none  for this pic).
Amanda's Famous Beans

Comments