Amanda's Mushroom Risotto

I love risotto and I make a darn good one if I do say so myself, I also have a thing for parmesan cheese and tend to put a little bit to much in my risotto when it is for myself as this one was, but hey you only live once and I can just put this away all day I love it that much.it is so so easy, but supposedly there is a trick to making risotto. I don't understand how so many people find it difficult, I guess there is two tips, first make sure you cook the rice until it is clear ,the second is in the adding of the liquids and stirring,I never walk away from it and leave it on the stove, I am stirring gently almost constantly  
What you need:
1 1/2 litre salt-reduced chicken stock 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped 500g button mushrooms, sliced 2 cups Arborio Risotto Rice 1 cup dry white wine a handful of baby spinach  or frozen spinach thawed and the water squeezed out 1 cup finely grated parmesan 50g butter, chopped
What to do: 
1. Place stock and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 6 minutes or until mixture starts to simmer. Reduce heat to low to keep hot.
2.Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until coated. Add wine. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until wine has absorbed.
3. Add 1/3 cup stock mixture to rice mixture. Cook, stirring, until stock has absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock mixture, 1/3 cup at a time, until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender.
4. Remove pan from heat. Stir in spinach, parmesan and butter. Set aside, covered, for 2 minutes. Season. Serve with grated parmesan.
Amanda's Mushroom Risotto

Comments