Budget Sweet Massaman Curry Puffs

This recipe came about because I had not much in the pantry they make for great snacks or a meal with the mixture, and I am only cooking for one so I made some puffs and froze the rest to have with rice, just double the quantities if making for more people.
What you need:
1/2kg topside beef mince2 tablespoons massaman curry paste
Roughly 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables ( cooked till just tender) I add some frozen corn because my mixed veges didn't have corn in them1 onion diced
olive oil or vegetable oil3/4 tin coconut cream
3 heaped tablespoons brown sugar,
 handful of fresh chopped coriander
puff  pastry sheets 
what to do:
brown the mince drain and set aside
add onion to pan fry till clear
add curry paste and a little oil and fry off
add mince back to pan, mix well and cook a little longer
add coconut cream, a little at a time
add brown sugar ( you can also cut the sugar in half and add raisins instead)
add mixed vegetables mix well cook a little longer until most of the liquid has evaporated
set aside and let cool
Now you can either serve this with rice or cut puff pastry into quarters fill and brush with egg wash and bake at 250 fan forced until golden brown
I do not have a proper oven, just a little fan forced bench top one, so I have to compromise a lot I actually baked mine on my stone pizza tray which I oiled first. 
Budget Sweet Massaman Curry Puffs

Comments