Not Your Average Meatloaf

what you need:

in a bowl mix all this together.
1/2 kg sausage mince1/2 kilo topside mince
1 pkt frozen spinach thawed and all the water squeezed out1 grated carrot
1 finely chopped onion,
1 grated capsicum
1 egg 
1 good cup of breadcrumbs
3 heaped tablespoons Greek yogurt 
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons of garlic flakes ( I had no fresh but would of preferred) sprinkle of almost I teaspoon of each:
sage leaves, thyme, oregano, nutmeg, salt, pepper mix well.
Now you can do whatever you want with it, I filled a glass meatloaf dish, bake at 185 med fan for about 2 hours, covering with foil once the top was browned enough.

But I had leftover mixture;
So, I made them into little meatballs and shallow fried till golden brown and cooked right through, let them cool a little, cut some wooden skewers in half, threaded three meatballs on each, and served with sauce whatever is your favorite, I took a punt with what I had and this tasted pretty good so bloody simple SAUCE;
Greek yoghurt, nando's sweet chilli and lime peri-peri sauce, mix well .drizzle over meatball skewers.
serve these with rice, salad whatever you fancy, I just gobbled them down as is enjoy my chickadee's.
Meatlball Skewers

Comments