Amanda's Spaghetti & Bacon

Well it is the day before shopping day and there isn't much left in the house to eat, so after a bit of rummaging though the kitchen I came up with this quick simple dish, this was for just one person and I just used what I had available.

What you need:

3 Bacon Rashes, rind removed and diced
Red Capsicum,sliced into strips and halved
1 white onion, diced
2 tablespoons good olive oil
1 tablespoon dried hot chilli flakes
Parsley, ( I used the fresh squeeze stuff in a tube) about 2 tablespoons
Fresh Basil, a nice handful of leaves
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Passata sauce (tomato), I used about  just under 1/2 a bottle 
Spaghetti cooked

 What to do:

1. In a pan fry of the onion, bacon, capsicum, when the bacon is almost cooked add the minced garlic, chilli flakes parsley cook for a few minutes. Add the olive oil. Add most of the basil and take off the heat.
2. In alarge pot cook the spaghetti and drain, keeping a little of the water aside.
3. Add the Passata to the pot and spaghetti and heat through with a little of the water, add bacon mixture stir through with tongs and serve, garnish with remaining basil.
Easy and filling, enjoy !.
NOTE: If I wasn't feeling so lazy I would of char grilled the capsicum.,but I had a big day spring cleaning and I was ready to collapse by the time I had to cook dinner
Amanda's Spaghetti & Bacon


Comments