Thai Red Curry with Chicken Meatballs & Baby Corn

I love red Thai Red Curry !. I could eat it every night of the week so. I have also come up with different versions of it, the first one I put up was Thai Red Curry with Pork meatballs but I think this once tops that, I did do a few things different but I think you will love this, Now if you can get kaffir Lime Leaves please do and use them  it will taste even better sadly for me where I live I can readily get these so I just use lime juice.I also love my veges so this is packed with vegetables 

What you need:

For the Meatballs:
400g chicken mince
2 small red chilli's, seeded and chopped finely
Small handful of coriander, if you don't have fresh use the fresh squeeze coriander in the tube, ( I used that today and about 2 tablespoons of it.
about 2-3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
and about 1/2 cup of dried bread crumbs ( packet stuff is fine)
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of minced ginger

1.With wet hands, mix all this in a bowl really well, if the mixture is to wet just add a few more breadcrumbs, roll into teaspoon size meatballs. Heat a nonstick pan with a few cms of vegetable oil and cook the meatballs until lightly browned on all sides, remove and let drain on a paper towel, set aside.

For the Sauce:
1 carrot halved and cut into julienne strips
1 red capsicum cut into the same sized julienne strips
about a cup of frozen green beans, ( fresh if you have them)
1 tin of baby corn spears ( I used about 7 out of the tin)
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
lime juice about 1 to 2 limes, (depending on your taste)
1x tin of coconut milk
1x 210g jar of red curry paste
200ml of chicken stock
3 small red chilli's seeded and chopped finely
1 tablespoon of fish sauce

1.Soften the carrots, capsicum, in a hot pan adding a little of the stock so it doesn't burn and stick ,cook for about 5 minutes, add frozen beans and baby corns, cook until just tender and any liquid has evaporated. transfer is a larger pot
2.In the pan fry off the red curry paste and chopped chilli, this takes a couple minutes until the oil appears, add the fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and any remaining chicken stock, cook for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved. then add to the pot of vegetables, stir in the coconut milk, add the meatballs and gently simmer on alow heat until the meatballs are heated through.
serve with white or yellow boiled rice. Enjoy !
Thai Red Curry with Chicken Meatballs & Baby Corn






Comments