Potato Salad

Potato salad, easy yes ! and we all have recipes for one or have our favorites, I myself  do at least a dozen different versions of it, but it usually depends what's on hand when I have in the pantry when I have  the urge to make it and with spring here and summer just around the corner, this is always a great addition, for picnic's, bbq's parties. I am basically on a juice kick at the moment but had a few potatoes that needed to be used and I hate throwing food out, so I whipped this up, it isn't very fancy, yet it tastes darn good and hey!, beggars can't be chooses right!

What you need:

5. medium potatoes
1/2 stick of large celery, finely diced
1 onion diced
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
3 -5 sweet gherkin sliced
1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons djion mustard
good grinding of pepper
salt to taste

What to do:

1. peel and dice potatoes into cubes, boil until just tender, keep an eye on them when they are almost done ,pricking with a fork to ckeck, there is nothing worse than hard or over cooked potato salad, drain into a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process allow to cool.
2. In a large bowl mi all the other ingredients  folding with a spoon until everything is coated, add the potatoes and fold through.Cover and refrigerate. Enjoy
I had no parsley for garnish I just chopped up the celery leaves really fine and used that.
Potato salad


Comments