Cheesy Onion Cauli, Broccoli Bake

 I love Cauliflower bake. So today I thought I would make one .. one problem I had no fresh veges on hand but my freezers are overflowing . I would of preferred to use fresh ingredients . but beggars can't be choosers . so with a few little adjustments to my normal recipe I came up with this. Would be enough for 4-6 people

What you need: 

1pkt of frozen Cauliflower
1pkt of frozen broccoli ( I only had 1/2 a packet though)
2 cups of frozen beans
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkt of french onion soup
1 tablespoon of plain flour
About a cup of milk
50g of butter
Nutmeg
About  3 to 4 cups of grated tasty cheese
1 large egg or 2 small ones

What To Do:

 1. Let the vegetables thaw out  and get as much water out of them as you can pop them all in a large casserole dish.
2. In a bowl or a jug, add the egg, french onion soup, salt and pepper and 1 and a half cups of the grated cheese and mix well
3. In a saucepan over a low heat add the flour and butter, using a whisk cook off and slowly add the milk to make a sauce, add the nutmeg when it is smooth and silky remove from heat and add remaining cheese. Let cool then add it to the egg mixture and mix well.
4. pour the mixture over the vegetables and bake until golden brown and cooked
NOTES:  Being frozen veges they tend to give off a bit of water whilst cooking so I cooked my bake with the casserole lid on so the cheese didn't burn, when it was almost cooked I took it out of the oven and with the lid on leaving a gap drained off any excess liquid, then returned it to the oven with the lid off to brown.
Cheesy Onion Cauli, Broccoli Bake

Comments