Healthy Pear and Raspberry Tart

We see so many recipes on the net that look so yummy, but how many of them do you ever get around to trying, either you don't have all the ingredients on hand or  they are just to expensive to buy and you wonder if it is worth the effort. Personally I can't afford to have to many cooking stuff ups .. Someone in our little facebook group posted this recipe for a healthy Pear and Raspberry Tart .. and I just had to do it . no flours or sugars added, it was just the thing I was looking for and I am addicted to coconut oil ... After I read the recipe I was a little worried there was to much coconut oil so I cut back on it by about 30 or 40g in the filling I think my flan tin was bigger and my eggs were only 30g so I added 4 instead of three and did an extra pear as well ... And well I have got to say it is a keeper girls .. the family will love it.. I thought it was that good it deserved to be shared on my blog. it passes all the tests... I can't lay claim to the recipe though it belongs to: http://www.mynutricounter.com/
 but this is my photo and baking effort, I only had frozen raspberries on hand so thawed them and added them when I served it .. with a little ice cream as well. What I love about it is that it isn't over sweet because there is only natural sugars in it. for me it is perfect. Try it I think you will agree.
 
Healthy Pear and Raspberry Tart
 and here is the recipe :
Ingredients:

For the filling:
4 pears
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. cinnamon
250g honey or maple syrup
120g ground almonds
50g raspberries
3 eggs
125g coconut oil

For the crust:
100g rolled oats
100g ground almonds
50g coconut oil
1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg
Optional:
Fresh berries and chopped almonds to serve
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 160C
  2. Start to make the filling by peeling the pears and chopping in half. Place 300ml of water in a saucepan along with the vanilla, cinnamon and 100g of the honey and bring to the boil. Once boiling add in the pears and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
  3. Add all the crust ingredients, except for the ground almonds and rolled oats, to a food processor and pulse. Slowly add in the ground almonds and rolled oats whilst stirring.
  4. Now tip the crust ingredients into a pastry tin and spread it out evenly along the bottom and sides. Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins.
  5. Meanwhile mix the rest of the filling ingredients (ground almonds, 150g honey, eggs and coconut oil) in a blender.
  6. Remove the base from the oven and pour in the filling then carefully place the poached pears on top along with the raspberries.
  7. Bake for 30 minutes then serve with more fresh berries and flaked almonds. 
 http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-pear-and-raspberry-tart/
 

Comments