Malteaser & Flake Cheesecake

Well it is cheesecake Friday !. This is becoming quite a habit  and I am slowly becoming friends with the devil (gelatin) haha. Normally I would use Philly cream cheese but I had to watch my budget this week. and I am not sure I could actually wait 2 weeks for another cheesecake hit. I decided to risk it and got the "Coles cream cheese" it was a few bucks difference. It might be small change to some of you but times are tough, anyhow comparing the two, well of course nothing beats Philly but I have no complaints the Coles one was a tad softer and had a blander taste to it but overall I would use it again for sure. and my cheesecake tin is quite big so by the time I slice it and freeze it I have enough to last me two weeks  that does me and a friend and we don't eat it every night either.
After adjusting some basic recipes while on my cheesecake adventure I think this one is pretty close to nailing it. So I hope you enjoy this lush homemade treat as much as me !

 What you need:

250g packet plain malt biscuits (malt o milk, in Coles stores)
80g butter, melted  
3 teaspoons powdered gelatin

1 1/2 tablespoons boiling water   
500g cream cheese, softened
3 heaped tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
2 cap fulls of vanilla essence
300ml thickened cream, whipped 
1/2 cup of mashed Malteasers
Malteasers and Flake to decorate

What to do:

1. Grease a 20cm-round (base) spring form pan. Using a food processor, process biscuits until fine crumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Press the biscuit mixture over base and side of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
2. Whip cream in a bowl and set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, condensed milk and vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. Sprinkle gelatin over boiling water in a heatproof jug. Whisk with a fork until gelatin has dissolved and it has cooled a little
5. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture until combined.  fold in the mashed malteasers. 
6. Fold in whipped cream. Pour mixture into prepared pan, leveling top with a spatula. Cover. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
7. Remove cheesecake and decorate with remaining malteasers and flake.
TIP: 
Cheesecake can be sliced into individual slices and wrapped in cling wrap then frozen. But if your house is like mine it won't last long at all.. 
Malteaser & Flake Cheesecake

Malteaser & Flake Cheesecake

Comments