10 Minute Cheesecake

This simple low fat, no bake recipe was posted in our facebook group today and you know I am addicted to cheesecakes so I just couldn't resist the urge to try this one out. Mainly curiosity though because I honestly didn't think it would work out at all. But to my surprise it did. I mean it was never going to be as good as a real cheesecake and there is no comparison. Overall though I give this a thumbs up and I will work on fine tuning it as I found the base a little soggy/ wet/ soft and I prefer a crunchier base..it was a pretty big dish so maybe I could of cooked it a minute or two longer. As with most new recipes though it is a bit of trial and error ironing out the kinks. I served it to my friend last night  (he is my guinea pig) and he totally loved it. and this literally took me less than 10 minutes to make from start to finish.. 
What you need
1kg yogurt
1 tin condensed milk
packet of biscuits

What to do

1. 1kg yogurt whisked well with one tin condensed milk.
2. Crush packet of biscuits and pour crumbs in a microwave proof container. I used a stoneware dish (but you can use glass). Pour the yogurt mixture on top of crumbs.
3. Microwave for 7 mins with a 900 watt microwave.( time will vary slightly depending on your microwave). Let Cool refrigerate for a couple hours and enjoy. Works with low fat yogurt. NO butter mixed in crumbs. When the yogurt cooks it makes crumbs hard. The yogurt turns into a soft cream cheese when cool

NOTES;

For a bit more flavor I added zest of 2 lemons to the yoghurt mixture. Before serving I topped it with my homemade lemon & lime curd. it was the perfect edition to this dessert..


 Make the Lemon & Lime Curd

3 eggs
175g caster sugar (1 cup)
2 tsp. cornflour
2 lemons, juiced
2 limes, juice and zest
20g butter 

Method   
Whisk eggs, sugar and cornflour. Add citrus.  
Progressively whisk over a moderate heat for 5-8 minutes until it has thickened.  
Add butter at end.  
Pour into sterilized jars, seal and place in the fridge.
Keeps up to 3 months

10 Minute Cheesecake
10 Minute Cheesecake

Comments