Banana Choc Berry Muffins (Lo Carb sugar free)

Ok it is muffin  snack time again at the moment I really don't know what else to make I thought I had this I have the pre-diabetes beat but a couple months down the track I am running out of things to make for quick snacks, muffins were good for a while but I am sort of over them. Anyway I haven't found anything else to make so made another batch. go on say it ! these do not look very appetizing!. I know but they will have to do they actually taste ok  but are a bit crumbly maybe because I put to much fruit in them or maybe because I changed the recipe and took out some flour and added coconut flour to it I even added more milk and an extra egg  still the mixture was a bit dry I only added 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to mine and I think it needed two. they are low carb and sugar free, and they certainly fill you up .. I am only new to this low carb sugar free way of cooking so bare with me give these a try and make your own adjustments. Oh and if you guys have any tips for me please leave a comment  so I can improve on them please . thanks 
What you Need:
  • 1 cup almond meal
  • 3/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup flax seed meal
  • 2 teaspoon baking soda/powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 medium extra ripe bananas (about 3/4 cup mashed banana)
  • 2 egg, slightly beaten
  • 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
  •  dark chocolate bits, chopped 
  • 1/2 cup of frozen mixed or fresh berries

What to do:

  1. Preheat oven to 250 fan forced
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond meal, coconut flour, flax seed meal, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, mix the following together until smooth and creamy: mashed banana, egg, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and almond milk.
  4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in dark chocolate chunks and berries
  5. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Makes 8-10 muffins.
Banana Choc Berry Muffins (Lo Carb sugar free)

Comments