Flax Almond Meal Banana Muffins with Dark Chocolate (PRE diabetic, Paleo) JUST PLAIN HEALTHY

Almond flour banana muffins with nutritious flaxseed meal. No sugar added; high in protein and fiber! Grain free, gluten free, dairy free and paleo-friendly. I am PRE-diabetic so this is my treat for the day. after three weeks since my first  blood test I have dropped 7kgs down to 78kgs I will confirm next test where my sugar levels are at, but I think I am doing okay at this stage to turn this thing on it's butt . I got this recipe from here as a PALEO recipe. Really it is just a healthier version of a muffin that is good for almost anyone including pre-diabetics. just do not eat them all at once aye ! 
original recipe here; flax-almond-meal-banana-muffins-paleo/ 
The recipe said it made 10 muffins but I only got 8 out of the batch I made And I followed it exact my muffin tray isn't huge either. Anyway what is my verdict on these?? well this is going to depend on a couple of things I would think. If your body is riddled with sugar from processed foods, take away's, or like me to many cheesecakes it may come as a shock and you might think it tasteless.... On the flip side if you have already done your sugar withdrawal this is going to taste totally awesome and healthy and guilt free I actually love them for a snack.. you could even add a little honey to the wet mix or  artificial sweetener( which by the way I hate and don't tell me to use stevia either it is still processed and still bad for you as far as I am concerned.. so opt for organic honey ).
I give these a big thumbs up !

what you need:

  • 1 3/4 cup almond meal
  • 1/4 cup flax seed meal
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda/powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 medium extra ripe bananas (about 3/4 cup mashed banana)
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
  • 2.5 oz 72% dark chocolate bar, chopped

What to do:

  1. Preheat oven to 250 fan forced
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond meal, flaxseed meal, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, mix the following together until smooth and creamy: mashed banana, egg, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and almond milk.
  4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in dark chocolate chunks, leaving a few for sprinkling on top of the muffin batter.
  5. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake 18-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Makes 10 muffins.   
Flax Almond Meal Banana Muffins with Dark Chocolate



Comments