Peanut Butter Oat Balls

Well this sugar and carb free thing has been pretty easy to date what's it been? just over 2 months!. And I have been so so good, really proud of myself. Well last night after I had my nutri-bullet blast full of veges about an hour later I was severely craving a big bowl of mashed potatoes. Just as well for me there wasn't a potato in the house so I had a power muffin and went to bed. This morning I woke up craving the same bowl of mashed potato I am like WTH is going on !.. So I decided to make myself a little treat these yummy peanut putter balls .. Ok So I am sugar free and these have some sugar in them. but it isn't any ole sugar. Rapadura is one of the better options on the market it does cost a bit more but for those special occasions like today for a treat once in a while I thought hell yes. Also I only put in a fraction of the amount of sugar to what the original recipe called for and that was brown sugar. But trust me these taste great without all that extra sugar especially if like me your are pre-diabetic who has it under control. So go ahead and enjoy a couple, yes a couple .. ! they are addictive so you will have to have some serious will power going on. Cheers

I adapted mine from this recipe: original peanut-butter-oatmeal-balls recipe 

What you need:

1 cup of peanut Butter, (smooth or crunchy)
4 tablespoons of  organic coconut oil
2 cups of oats (I used Uncle Toby's traditional)
1 big tablespoon of honey
1/3 cup of  Rapadura Sugar
3/4  cup of  dark chocolate chips and sultana's (both together = the 3/4 cup), or you can add whatever you like
Shredded coconut ( to roll balls in)

What to do:

1. Place a piece of wax paper on the counter or in a container that you will store the peanut butter balls in.
2. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, coconut oil, sugar and honey. Stir until smooth. Make sure to get the lumps out. If your coconut oil is solid to begin with just soften it in the microwave for a few seconds
3. Add in the oats and mix until fully incorporated.
4. Add the chocolate chips and sultana's. Stir well and scoop into teaspoon size balls. Place each ball in the palm of your hand and squeeze tight. This helps pack the ball and hold all the ingredients together. Roll in shredded coconut. Place on the wax paper and continue scooping until all mixture is rolled.
5.Store in the refrigerator in a closed container.
Peanut Butter Oat Balls

Comments