Energy Bombs

Energy balls WOW Do you believe I have only just discovered these little gems?. These are the perfect treat for those on the go. I am out the door with the Dog and off to the beach at 6.30am for our morning walk and swim I barely have time for a coffee so I just grab one of these on my way out the door. If I feel a little slump coming on during the day or my sweet craving decides to rare it's ugly head these little powerhouse balls are the perfect fix. Hell I love them more than my healthy muffins. There is tons of recipes on the net for these and you can put your own spin on them, the kids will love these as well. Even my very picky bloke friend loves them.
It is just so easy to whip up a batch of these that there really is no excuse for grabbing the potato chips and prepackaged snack foods and health bars which are full of processed sugars, and ingredients that only have a number listed.  I am totally sold on these babies and so you will be too.

What you Need:
2 Cups natural oats
1 cup of peanut butter ( diabetic) you can use normal peanut butter
2/3 cup of honey
1/2 cup of flax meal
1/2 cup of black Chia seeds
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or vanilla paste
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons of Cacao
1/4 cup pepitas
1/4 cup sultana's, raisins
1/4 cup of cacao choc bits  
What to do:
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. I keep my honey in the fridge so it is quite hard when I add it so I find using my hands to mix and combine is the way to go.
2. Place bowl in the fridge for about 15 minutes, then roll into little balls ( just a bit bigger than a teaspoon full, squeezing the mixture so it compacts nicely,give it a little roll in the palms of your hands.
3.line an airtight container with baking paper to store the balls in and keep refrigerated. 
Note: 1.The balls freeze well in snap locked bags.
          2. you can add nuts dried cranberries whatever you have on hand for these.
Energy Bombs

Comments