Passionfruit Slice

A nice slice. I hate things that are sickly sweet so I tend to cut the sugar out of my recipes where I can. I enjoyed this and so did my friends at craft day.. 

Biscuit Base Ingredients
125 g butter
    4 tbsp golden syrup
    ¼ tsp of baking soda
    1 tbsp boiling water
    1 cup rolled oats
    1 cup plain flour
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    ¾ cup desiccated coconut

 Biscuit Base Method

    Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a 20cm x 20cm square tin or slice tin with baking paper..
    Melt together the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
    In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and coconut.
    Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water, add to saucepan.
    Combine liquid and dry ingredients.
    Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of the tin and bake in the oven for around 15 mins or until lightly golden brown.
     Allow to cool.

Passionfruit Filling

1x tin of sweetened condensed milk
1x 170g tin of passionfruit pulp
3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence

Method

Mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl and pour over the cooled base and bake for a further 10-15 minutes on 160  until it sets and the edges start to bubble. remove allow to cool and pop it in the fridge for a few hours.
I just topped mine with a sprinkle of coconut as I ran out of fresh pulp. Enjoy !
Passionfruit Slice

Comments