Rich & Creamy Homemade Ice Cream

 I have tried lots of recipes off the net, I don't have an ice-cream maker and wanted something easy to whip up and not loaded with sugar, all the ones I tried were edible, some better than others yet I kept running into the same problem the ice-cream set solid or was a little to icy, I mean they were fine if you let them thaw for a bit on the bench, It is winter here right now so that wasn't happening quick enough for me. Well I finally worked out a recipe that is as close to perfect for homemade ice-cream as it can get I think. It is super rich and creamy, not overly sweet. So I think you will like it.

I love this ice-cream because I know what is in it, and it doesn't have all the preservatives that supermaket ice-cream has. I have also found that I really do not need much to satisfy my craving because it is so rich and creamy 

What you need:

2x can coconut cream

1x tin sweetened condensed milk

2-3 tablespoons maple syrup OR honey (I prefer maple)

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

600ml thickened cream ( whipped until peaks form...add your extra sugar here if you want it ).

2-3 tablespoons vodka, ( stops iciles forming and helps to keep the ice-cream softer so it doesn't set solid as a brick).

 Note: As you can see I haven't added any sugar If you want your ice-cream sweeter and  even softer  you can add it when whipping the cream about 50g of caster sugar 

What to do:

1. Whip together the coconut cream and condensed milk, with an electric beater

2.  Add the vanilla extract and maple syrup, whip until combined.

3. Add vodka and whip again until it is fully combined.

4. The quicker this freezes the better it will be and the quicker you get to eat it. I just freeze mine in those plastic microwave chinese containers that you can get at Aldi. Fill the container and cover the top of the icecream with glad wrap before placeing the lid on the container, freeze.

And there you have it. Enjoy!. 

Note : If you make this in the morning that night it will be perfectly scoopable. but by the next day it may set a little harder so you may have to give it 10 minutes of bench time before serving it. If you use a hot spoon to scoop it out it is easier.

You can add  nuts or berries to your ice-cream before freezing if you like even peanut buttter, caramel, melted chocolate.


   

Comments