Leftover Roast Pork Curry

Well as you know I mainly only cook for one but I was fortunate to be given a pork loin roast but I had a heap of it left after my delicious roast dinner so I made the usual toasted sandwich for breakfast this morning but didn't really want any more bread ( something I try to limit in my diet, I am not a big fan of bread unless I make it myself) and after watching "Save it with Jamie Oliver" and his food shows on the tele, after making my vegetable pickles (which by the way are awesome) I decided to make a curry out of the leftover pork and this is what I came up with, I think you will love it. I only had one problem I am in Australia and the temperature today was about 38 degrees topping 41 degrees in some places and although I am right on the beach (couple streets away anyway) by the time I cooked my curry I couldn't be bothered eating it so alas a bowl went into the fridge for tomorrow night and the other went into the freezer, no drama nothing got wasted at least.But excuse the photo for the minute ,I will put a better one up when I  eat the curry  complete with fluffy rice and papadums

What you need:

 leftover lean pork, cut into cubes  or shredded (about 3 cups)
 leftover baked potato cut into cubes (I only had one)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric  
1 tin diced tomatoes,
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 cup water
6 tablespoons coconut cream
2 small red chilli, seeded and sliced ( I left my seeds in cause I like it hotter)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes 

1 teaspoon ground black pepper 
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped ( I used my homemade pickled onions)
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin 
frozen beans,( about a cup or 2) 

What to do:

  1. Heat a pot and melt the butter.
  2. Fry the onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
  3. Add the cinnamon, chilli powder,coriander, cumin and turmeric, stir and fry for 2 minutes.
  4. Add the pork and cook for 3 minutes stirring to coat the meat with the spices.
  5. Add the tin tomato's and paste with the water, mix well and add the chopped chilli coconut cream and paprika.Add frozen beans.
  6. Cover pot and cook on low heat till the meat is tender, approx 30 minutes.
  7. Season with salt to taste.
  8. Serve with rice, papadums ,sprinkle with fresh coriander and a dob of natural Greek yoghurt if desired
    Leftover Roast Pork Curry

Comments